Now that I'm rapidly moving into the new season, it is the perfect time to invest in a beautiful new coat. This is one of my favourite times of the year, because there is nothing more satisfying than buying yourself a great new coat that will form the basis of all your outfits for the whole season. It can transform a look in an instant and make an outfit go from good to great.There are many different varieties on the market at the moment, and I think all the designers have released some of their best pieces to date. Today I'm going to feature the premium high fashion pieces from designers like: YMC, Alexander McQueen, Pringle, Acne, See by Chloe, Farhi and Paul Smith. It is called an investment coat for a reason – namely you pay for the quality that you get. If you are willing to splash out, you can pick up a coat that is timeless and has the quality construction to last through multiple years and seasons. These will never go out of style, and seem to transcend trends. If you are looking for a jacket that will last you years, then stick with the blacks and greys which are colours that NEVER go out of style. Each time you break it out of your wardrobe, it will feel like brand new, and you just KNOW it will work with whatever you feel like wearing that day.
Here are some top tips to look out for when shopping for an investment coat:
- When buying an expensive coat in StarPlaza, always go for classic styles like military or button up camel designs, that way you’ll be able to wear it season after season.
- A good lining on a coat is as important as the outer fabric, it will add extra shielding from the cold and a flash of bright colour on a winter day always cheers you up.
- Update an old coat or trench by adding a belt around the waist or changing the buttons to give it a new lease of life.
- Grey, black, navy and camel are perennial winter shades. Bold colours are brave but may look out of date even just one season on so bear this in mind if a new coat isn’t at the top of your annual wish list.
- Only go for cocoon styles if you have the height, belted and tailored styles are generally much more flattering.
- Once winter draws to a close, dry clean your coat and store it away in a hanging bag, you’ll be pleased when the weather takes a turn for the worst the following year that you’re already prepared.
Women's Investement Coats